I was checking the National Parks Service page on Free Days and I see that on Monday, November 11, 2019, Veterans Day, National Parks will be free.
Those of you with National Parks near by will be able to take advantage of free trails for the day.
Here in New Jersey, we have the following National Parks:
- The Appalachian Trail (multiple states)
- Crossroads of the American Revolution
- The Delaware Water Gap
- Ellis Island
- Gateway National Recreation Area (Sandy Hook, in New Jersey)
- Great Egg Harbor
- Lower Delaware
- Morristown National Historic Park
- New Jersey Pinelands
- Patterson Falls
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park
- Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route (multiple states)
There are many miles of trails to walk and lots of history to absorb.