Those of you with National Parks near by will be able to take advantage of free trails for the day.
- The Appalachian Trail (multiple states)
- Crossroads of the American Revolution
- The Delaware Water Gap
- Ellis Island
- Gateway National Recreation Area (Sandy Hook, in New Jersey)
- Great Egg Harbor
- Lower Delaware
- Morristown National Historic Park
- New Jersey Pinelands
- Patterson Falls
- Thomas Edison National Historic Park
- Washington-Rochambeau Revolutionary Route (multiple states)
There are many miles of trails to walk and lots of history to absorb.